Thursday, August 20, 2009

What's Wrong with this Battery?!

I was sitting watching the battery meeting in my TSOwen Taskbar count down. "What the ...?" I thought. This is insane! So I decided to go through a little exercise of finding ways to save the poor little battery in my Touch Diamond from self-destructing before noon every day. It makes it hard to enjoy music, watch movies, read books, surf the web... and oh, talk to people on the phone!

I found that you have to be familiar with a registry editor such as PHM Registry Editor. It's not for the faint of heart. But if you want to help your battery limp along, it's necessary!

  1. Go to HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\Battery. Choose PollInterval and set it for 20000. Yeah. That's what I heard.
  2. Use Advanced Config to set Battery tweaks
  3. Use the Telus Radio. I read that the battery overheats when charging and using the radio causing it to lose life.
  4. Use Energy Rom. It is supposed to conserve... energy!
  5. Setting the connection to X1 only (no EVDO) is supposed to help. The problem is the radio switching networks for sending SMS/phone calls (X1) and fast data (EVDO) robs the battery of energy.
  6. I found an application called LUMOS that adjusts your screen brightness within a range. This helps conserve battery!
  7. NueDynamicClock controls the clock speed of your phone's CPU so that it isn't eating battery when you don't need it to... like when it's in your pocket!
So there are a few ideas. I've used some and they've worked well, but I'm still sad to see that battery meter counting down while I watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment