No Pre for YOU!
I've been patient. I really have. I've waited while the rush was on to find out when the Pre would be available. I waited for the first availability day. Then I waited one more day to go play with one in a Sprint Store. I waited another week before doing that again. Then I waited until a day after the SDK and emulator was leaked to download it. Then I waited another day after the official version was announced. I've been waiting.
It has now been two months I've been waiting.
But Sprint says since I'm on an employee plan, I can't have a Pre. Why?
Sprint has them in their stores. And apparently has decided to let them be sold at other retailers. Best Buy has them (for $99 no less). Let's Talk.com has them (also for $99). Amazon has them.
The final insult is this note at the bottom of the announcement:
- Selling Palm Pre in these channels will be permanent.
- All processes will be business as usual.
- Palm Pre is still not available for employees.
Harumph! Maybe I don't even want one now. This Diamond is just fine. The price was right. Maybe I'll just get a Diamond 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment