Monday, August 24, 2009

Palm Pre Hits the Spot!

When I worked for a fairly large multi-national software company, I used AT&T Mobile and HTC phones with Windows Mobile software for years and years. They were the only things that would let me get my Exchange email and have access to company directories and such.

When I left (merger/buyout/layoff), I moved to Sprint and a little free Samsung flip phone. I was frustrated by its lack of ... well, everything except multi-colored numbers and on-board ring tones. So I went back to HTC when the original HTC Touch became available (much to my wife's chagrin, not having a multi-national company to pay for the phone any more). I was frustrated by it's lack of ... well, touch anything despite the name. A year later my daughter gave me an HTC Touch Diamond for my birthday. I was frustrated by it's lack of ... well, any advance over the regular touch.

So imagine my surprise when I started using a Palm Pre. Hey! I'm not frustrated. It's actually pretty darned cool. Now don't get me wrong. There are things on it that I'd like improved (afterall, WebOS is only at version 1.1). And apparently there are others who agree. But in general, it's a phone I can live with. At least for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment